One Pan Herb Crusted Salmon and Veggies
For the Salmon:
3 Slices of Ciabatta or any other stale bread __1 Clove of Garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp of Fresh Tarragon
1 1/2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
Zest of 1/2 of a Lemon
2 Tbsp of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 6oz Each Fillets of Salmon
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Veggies:
1 Zucchini, diced of cut into rounds
1 Yellow Squash, Cut into half moon pieces
1 bunch of Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Shallot or Regular Onion, sliced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
Squeeze of Fresh Lemon
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss together the chopped veggies with the shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and scatter evenly on your prepared pan (dont add the parsley and lemon juice, those are for the end) pop the veggies in the oven to roast for 15 minutes while you prepared the salmon.
3) In a small food processor, add the bread, tarragon, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and oil and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Take the veggies out of the town, carefully place the salmon fillets right on top, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and top them evenly with the bread and herb mixture (really pack it on with your hands so not much falls on top the veggies) and pop the whole thing in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
5) When they come out, sprinkle the parsley all over and a little squeeze of lemon!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
8 oz Tagliatelle Pasta, or any kind of thick ribbon shape pasta
1 Bunch of Asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Large Carrot, peeled and grated
1 Large Zucchini, trimmed and cut into half moon pieces or a handful of baby zucchini, halved
1 cup of Fresh Shelled Baby Peas or frozen but defrosted peas if you cant find fresh
5 Shallots, sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
1⁄2 cup of White Wine
1 1⁄2 cups of Vegetable Stock
Zest and Juice of One Small Lemon
2 Tbsp of Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a good pinch of salt, bring to a boil.
2) Preheat a large skillet with high sides over medium high heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
3) Add the carrot, zucchini, asparagus, spring onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies begin to soften.
4) Add the pasta to the boiling water at this point and cook according to package instructions, drain well. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
5) Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and mix well, add the wine and allow it to cook out for 1 minute.
6) Add the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Add the fresh peas and let the veggies cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetable stock thickens.
8) Add in the fresh chopped thyme, parsley, lemon juice and zest and toss it all with the pasta. Turn the heat off and grate in a good amount of parmiggiano regginao. Add in the reserves starchy cooking water if you feel like the sauce needs it.
Serve and enjoy!