Fitness and wellness expert Hilaria Baldwin tells us about her new book, “The Living Clearly Method,” and shares tips on how to live a fit and healthy life.
ZUCCHINI BREAD QUINOA BOWL
1 1/2 cups packed grated zucchini (use the large-size cheese grater holes)
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk of your choice
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or raw sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Grease or spray four 1-cup ramekins with olive oil or coconut oil or line 4 large muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a medium saucepan or pot over medium heat, cook the zucchini, quinoa, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the zucchini begins to soften.
3. Add the milk, chia seeds, and raisins. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
6. Scoop 3/4 cup quinoa mixture into each prepared ramekin or muffin cup. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
AVOCADO, HONEY AND CINNAMON SMOOTHIE
2 cups milk alternative of your choice
1 avocado, halved and flesh scooped out
1 cup frozen spinach
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Blend until smooth.