By Joanne Rosa
UPDATE: Harvey Weinstein’s wife Georgina Chapman is leaving him. Georgina said in a statement to People, “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”
Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow are the latest actresses to come forward, claiming they were victims of sexual harassment by entertainment mogul, Harvey Weinstein.
Weinstein’s spokeswoman denied “allegations of non-consensual sex.”
The story that has been rocking Hollywood has just gotten worse.
Last week, The New York Times exposed Harvey Weinstein, one of the most powerful moguls in the film industry. The report details multiple instances of alleged sexual harassment by Weinstein over the past two decades. Weinstein has 300 movies behind him, and six of the movies have been best picture winners at the Oscars.
Once these reports broke, Weinstein’s life began to breakdown.
On Friday, the Weinstein Company shared that Harvey Weinstein would take a leave of absence beginning immediately. By Saturday, high profile lawyer Lisa Bloom, who has been advising Weinstein for the past year, resigned.
I have resigned as an advisor to Harvey Weinstein.
My understanding is that Mr. Weinstein and his board are moving toward an agreement.
— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) October 7, 2017
On Sunday night, the Weinstein Company voted out Harvey Weinstein from the company.
Now, more women have come forward to reveal their alleged heinous experiences with Weinstein. The New Yorker published an article on Tuesday morning detailing more women who were allegedly attacked, threatened, or forced into a sexual and romantic relationship with Weinstein.
There is even a recording of Weinstein trying to force Filipina-Italian model, Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, into his hotel room. Weinstein can clearly be heard saying “Honey, don’t have a fight with me in the hallway. Please, I’m not going to do anything, I swear on my children. Please come in. I’m a famous guy.”
When Ambra asks Weinstein why he touched her breast yesterday, he replied “Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come on in, I’m used to that… I won’t do it again, come on, sit here.”
Some of the women who have come forward include Mira Sorvino, Rosanna Arquette and Asia Argento.
Now, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie came forward to share their harassment experiences with Weinstein in a new article by The New York Times.
For 22 year-old Gwyneth, it began when she got the lead role in the film “Emma.” Weinstein asked Gwyneth to meet in his hotel suite before shooting for the movie began. “Gwyneth refused his advances and confided in Brad Pitt, her boyfriend at the time… ‘I was a kid, I was signed up, I was petrified, I thought he was going to fire me.”
Brad addressed Weinstein about the incident. Soon after, Weinstein allegedly told Gwyneth to not tell anyone else about his come on.
Angelina had a similar experience in the late 1990s. “[Weinstein] made unwanted advances on [Angelina] in a hotel room, which she rejected. ‘I had a bad experience with Harvey Weinstein in my youth, and as a result, chose never to work with him again and warn others when they did… this behavior towards women in any field, any country is unacceptable.’”
Weinstein’s spokeswoman said in a statement, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein… He will not be available for further comments, as he is taking the time to focus on his family, on getting counseling and rebuilding his life.”