2 tablespoons chia seeds
½ cup Alternative Milk
2 or 3 drops vanilla stevia
Pinch of sea salt
¼ teaspoon spirulina – fun “green milk”! (optional)
1 small apple with peel, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
1 to 2 tablespoons ﬁnely chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon unsweetened, shredded coconut
1. Stir together the chia seeds, milk, stevia, salt, and spirulina (if using) in a bowl. Put them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
2. Layer a bowl or to-go container with the apple, cinnamon, and walnuts.
3. Once the chia mixture has set, stir and taste; add more stevia if necessary.
4. Stir the apples into the chia sauce and ﬁnish with the coconut and more cinnamon, if desired.
5. The chia sauce can be made the night before. The entire dish can also be prepared the night before as long as you don’t mind slightly brown apples that are a little softer in texture.
Recipe by Robyn Youkillis and from her book Go With Your Gut.