1 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder (high fat cocoa processed with alkali 22%)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely ground almond flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup salted butter
2 teaspoons inverted sugar
1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
1 sheet silver gelatin
1/2 cup sparkling wine
1 tablespoon honey
Zest of 1/4 small lemon
6 medium strawberries, finely diced
1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup confectioners sugar
Pinch of salt
1 small lime, zested
1 (.33-ounce) envelope popping carbonated candy
Edible gold leaf
For Chocolate-Almond Cake:
1. Combine cocoa powder, confections sugar, almond flour, all-purpose flour, and baking powder in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
2. Melt butter; add inverted sugar, stirring until combined. Add butter mixture to cocoa powder mixture, stirring well. Add egg whites, whisking to combine.
3. Set batter aside 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300°F.
4. Pipe batter into greased 1-inch silicone baking molds. Bake 18 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and set mold upside down on a cooling rack; cool completely before removing from mold.
For Strawberry-Champagne Jelly:
1. Place gelatin in a medium bowl and cover with cold water; set aside 5 to 10 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, combine sparkling wine and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 10 seconds or until just warm but not hot. Stir in softened gelatin and lemon zest.
3. Refrigerate 30 minutes, then fold in diced strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
For Swiss Meringue:
1. Combine egg whites and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix at low speed until combined, then slowly increase speed to high and whip until soft peaks form.
2. Gently fold in confectioners sugar.
1. Top each cake with a small amount of Strawberry-Champagne Jelly.
2. Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe a dollop of Swiss Meringue on top of each cake.
3. Using a small kitchen torch, lightly caramelize meringue until golden brown.
4. Garnish with lime zest, popping candy, gold leaf, and micro basil.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.