Turduckens are all the rage this year! Each slice contains portions of chicken, duck, and turkey with stuffing in between the layers.
• Have the turkey, duck, and chicken already deboned
• Have a bowl of prepared stuffing ready (any recipe will do)
• Spread stuffing evenly over turkey cavity. Place duck on top of bread stuffing, skin-side down.
• Spread stuffing on top of open duck cavity. Top with chicken, skin-side down.
• Spread stuffing on top of open chicken cavity.
• Skewer the back of the chicken closed.
• Bring up the sides of the duck to cover the chicken. Skewer the back of the duck closed.
• Repeat process with the turkey.
• Carefully turn the turducken over, so it is seam-side down and breast-side up.
• Remove all skewers except the last one holding the turkey together.
• Roast at 300 degrees for 3 to 4 hours – until thermometer reaches 165 F.
Visit Homecooking.com for more information on how to prepare a Turducken.