Nonstick cooking spray
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, juice reserved
1 (16-ounce) box pound cake mix
¾ cup pineapple juice
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 × 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Reserve 3 pineapple rings and juice; set aside. Chop remaining pineapple rings into tiny pieces and set aside.
3. Combine cake mix, pineapple juice, and eggs in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in chopped pineapple until well combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Remove and cool completely.
5. Pour reserved pineapple juice and enough water to make ⅔ cup into a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a simmer. Add remaining pineapple rings and cook for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in butter until combined.
6. To serve, place pound cake on serving plate. Arrange pineapple rings on top and pour pineapple sauce over cake.
Makes: 8 servings
Bake: 50 minutes
Visit Amazon.com to buy Sandra’s 25th cookbook, “Every Dish Delivers.”