Wendy’s Comment on the Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy

A special comment.

Wendy gives a special comment about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut and shares how she talked to her son, Little Kev, about this devastating tragedy.

Then, watch singer Daniel Emmet perform a special tribute to those who lost their lives in this tragedy on Friday.

Comments

1. Maureen says:

Thank you for that beautiful tribute. I agree Mike M. that young man has an amazing voice that really touched our souls. Thank you Daniel Emmet for that song and special prayers to the families on this Christmas Day.

2. Chris S says:

So beautifully sung.

3. robin bartlett says:

Wendy,I just wish there was one person who really cared enough to tell the truth,i watched your show talking about the shootings at the school,said ya”ll wished the news would leave them alone,but the news has not got the real story yet. and blameing his mom,that is crazy,first off we all heard more then one story,but in the end everything changed,what did she say,on your show,if he had a hand gun only one are two would of died,she needs to get her story right,because he only had hand guns,no other was found in the school.If you really want a good show,then tell the truth,get someone for real,not these two ladies,who is only saying what they was told.

4. Janet says:

OMG that is the best tribute I have seen for the families and victims of Newtown CT. I have never heard of Daniel Emmet but I want to buy his song. Does anyone know how I can find it? Not on itunes… :(

5. Lonnie says:

I disagree, he was trying to make the point that a lot of this media coverage was misleading and scary to little children. I thought he was quite restrained. He would have been more antagonistic if he would have tried correcting every error and lie about guns and mental health the guests uttered. For example, everything Ms. Lapin stated relating to guns was incorrect.

6. Elizabeth Burnett says:

Wendy, I am deeply disappointed in the supposedly roundtable discussions you were attempting to have regarding Sandy Elementary. Penn, Teller whatever his name is was so out of line, and your failure to rein him in was weak. He bullied the other guests, would not allow anyone else to speak without interrupting, and was so disrespectful to Sue Simmons, a Journalist who has been covering the news longer than his career. For a show that was anti- violence he was very abusive. Very disappointing show.

7. Grace says:

Wow! He has an incredible voice! I’ve never heard of Daniel Emmet before. Where can I buy his CD? Perfect voice to get you in the holiday spirit!

8. Mike O says:

When tragedy strikes people really have a way of coming together. I think Wendy did a great job of honoring those lost in this horrible tragedy. Daniel Emmet really sang that song from the heart and honored all of those poor kids, teachers and families. It was nice to see such a talented singer pay tribute in this time of need. That was one of the best versions of that song I have ever heard. Keep praying for all those families.