Help People Affected by Sandy

Give Back!

To find out how you can help people affected by Hurricane Sandy, visit the the organizations below.

American Red Cross

To make a $10 donation to the Red Cross text REDCROSS to 90999.

World Vision

Best Friends Animal Society

Save the Children

Feeding America

Operation USA (helping people impacted in Haiti, Cuba and the U.S.)

Direct Relief International

If you’re attending a taping of “The Wendy Williams Show” in the coming days, please bring some of the following items if you can. All items will be donated to people affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Most-needed supplies include:
Canned, non-perishable foods
Blankets
Bottled water
Batteries (D batteries are in need most)
Flashlights (preferably with batteries)
Pet supplies (food, bedding)
Can openers
Plates, cups, forks, bowls, spoons, etc
Cleaning supplies
Garbage bags
Big paper, tape, markers
Pens, paper, notepads
Walkie talkies
Cosmetics (toothpaste, shampoo etc)
Baby supplies (diapers, baby food, strollers etc.)
Towels

Comments

1. Mary McEachin says:

I have already given however, I will give again.

2. peggy says:

Sorry I was without power for 5 days myself. But I’m am excited to be a guess on your show.next month if I receive my free ticket.thank you Peggy Glaze

3. Allison says:

Hi Wendy, I just sent a message to you about a need for underwear at the Jersey Shore. For some reason it’s the most overlooked donation item! If you have any ideas on how to spread the word, please let me know! Thanks.

4. Aisha Reynolds says:

We’re Sandy survivors from Red Hook, due to the stress and circumstances I went through during the hurricaine and right after, we welcomed our baby boy 3 week earlier his due date. Yes we have a healthy baby and this is the most important.

However we have no place to go, our apt is destroyed the whole house is out of power, gas, and no heat, main thing newborn needs warm place to stay.We are trying to find sublets or temporary rental but it is so hard to do with newborn. Currently we are staying in a hotel room, were lucky and right after the birth generously donated room from marathon runners was given for us for couple days. Unfortunately tomorrow we have to leave.

Please help find a place to stay, it is hard to change places with newbornand move for. Hotel to hotel and then friends to friends. Please please help keep the family together and happy. Any support would be appreciated, and you do know hon much.

Thank you so much Wendy team!!!

P.s. Reynolds family, Aisha, Marlon Nd baby boy Aimar.
    My mail is aishula@yahoo.com and my husbands mail is reynoldsp749@aol.com

5. Wendy I feel so bad for the my friends and the peole of your area that were affected by Sandy. I thank God that everyone i know made it safely. However my heart hurts fir those who have lost their lives and the homes. I wish I was able to be there to help out with anything people may need. I have lived through Katrina and many other Hurricanes. For Katrina I lost some things I actually gave mycamper to the people saving the animals to use. When they were through I gave it to other who lost their home. However I do wish you all the best and I do hope to get there to see you one day. I wish the all of you God speed with Recovery.
    Craig

6. Ladhybug says:

Wendy I really want to help in any way I can. This is my childhood memories, this is my vacation areas, this is my weekend drive, this is my family and friends that were affected, this is where I raised my children but I want to know that 100% of the money I give to these organizations will go to the Sandy victims. My husband is a career fireman who is currently helping and there are so much more that is needed. Words can not describe the devastation.

7. Sweetdrk1 says:

I am donating the proceeds from a caplet I knitted by candlelight while Sandy ripped through NJ. God Bless them all!

8. Mary says:

I want to donate Hats, scarves and lapghans but do not know where to send them as Red Cross and Salvation Army will only accept money, which I do not have.

9. Robin says:

Thank You WENDY for asking for Donations!!! As the Text just came thru,,,I have been going DOOR to DOOR,,Given people the Phone # to the RED CROSS AND FEED AMERICA!!! And have them make sure that they tell RED CROSS and FEED AMERICA,,It’s for NEW YORK andNEW JERSEY!!!! I HOPE EVERYONE THAT CAN,,,WILL GIVE AND HELP!!! MY FAMILY. And MYSELF WILL HELP IN ANYWAY!!! BEEN THRU IT BEFORE!!!!! HOUSTON got hit so HARD,,AND NOBODY EVER CAME TO HELP!!!!,,Even After KATRINA!!HOUSTON HAD ITS ARMS WIDE OPEN!!!,,, BUT WHEN WE NEEDED HEPL!!!!! NOTHING!!NOBODY HELPED!!!! SO WE KNOW HOW IT FEELS AND AS ALWAYS WILL DO EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO HELP!!!! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!! AGAIN EVERYONE HELP!!!! YOU JUST HAVE ÑO IDEA HOW BAD IT IS AND WILL BE!!!!!! SO EVERYONE HELP!!!!!!!

10. Rett says:

how the heck can ya see what ur writubg uts ti darj

11. Rett says:

Hi Wendy,
    Can’t give money never have it myself, but would love to help in any other way possible. clothes, soap, whatever…..I can afford is there for anyone….