Smothered Pork Chops

5 center cut pork chops
1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk

Keep reading…

Directions:
1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops two at a time, and shake to coat.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry chops until brown on both sides. Remove chops from Skillet, add onions, garlic and pepper and reduce heat to medium and saute.

3. Blend soup and milk in the skillet, stirring to scrape up the bits of breading left over from the chops. You can adjust the amount of milk depending on how thick you want the gravy to be (it will thin a bit during the cooking process). Bring to a gentle boil, increasing heat slightly if necessary.

4. When soup mixture is bubbling, return chops to skillet. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.

Serves 4.

Crazy Corn
Ingredients:
5 cups fresh or frozen corn
4 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped

Directions:
1. In the same frying skillet that pork was prepared in melt butter over medium heat and add 1/2 cup of pork oil from earlier recipe.

2. Add green peppers, red peppers and onions, then saute.

3. Add garlic, sugar and pepper to skillet and once sugar is dissolved add corn and reduce heat.

4. Let corn cook for 15 minutes or until soft.

Serves 4.

“Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” Series Premiere: Saturday, October 15 at 9 PM ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

Recipes Courtesy of: Robbie Montgomery and Tim Norman from Sweetie Pie’s in St. Louis, MO

Comments

1. criscarwin says:

The porkchop recipe is excellent and easy. I doubled the onion. I want to try the corn. We have some of the sweetest corn in Michigan so I will probably omit the sugar.

2. beverly says:

Wendy I love your show so much I like how you tell it like it is I love your hot topics

3. Shanda says:

The pork chops were awesome. Thank you!

4. I always watched you at 3 p. m. pacific time on sattelite and recently swithched to cable t. v. and the only time that your on is on at midnight which is way too late. Your show is incredible and so funny!!!! Love the receipes…. I am hoping that I will be able to watch you at a normal time.. Thank You for featuring Sweetie Pies as that is the best!!!

5. sharon says:

wendy i love youre show, you tell it like it is, i love to cook. you love to cook, and eat. thats what its all about. keep it real. draino from michael jackson ‘s hometown, gary, ind.

6. I want to print the recipes, but there is a problem.

7. Ayla Carson says:

Came out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. How you do-ing, Wendy I miss your show on Monday(11-6-11) Had an appointment and for got to set my recorder so that I may caught the show later. So what I would like to know if there is a way that I get the word of today for the trip to the island.

Thank You, for taking the time to ready this message. Please, Please reply. Love watching your show here in Tampa.

Sylvester

9. What happened to the Parsley Mashed Potatoes?

10. fatima says:

ummm il be cooking this soon lol

11. Wendy I will be cooking this the weekend.Love your show
    I see at night when I get off from work

12. I would like to be able to print your recipes but there is no print tab I printed the pork chop recipe but I had to write the corn recipe. Can you help? Thank you

13. … Wendy How You Doin: I can’t wait to try this, it looks good and I know it smells good. Will be watching the new show on Own this Sat. Thanks Wendy!!.

14. I just watched your show wendy, how u doin!! i can’t wait to try this meal tonight.
    i’m on my way to the meat market to get some pork chops i know their going to come out good.

15. russ says:

Just polished off my smothered chops. Very good!

16. Ayla Carson says:

I will be cooking this next week. Too bad we had baked pork chops yesterday other wise I would cook it tonight!

17. Starla says:

Wendy, I just came to your website because I wanted to tell you about “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s”, but it looks like you are on it and already know about it. I recieved an email this morning from OWN telling me about this show and I watched the promo and I can’t wait to see it this Saturday! They really keep it real on the show and Mr. Tim is fine! I know I will be watching.

18. Tia Bowman says:

I will be cooking this for dinner tonite.