1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1teaspoons granulated garlic powder
1 small onion sliced julliene
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5 center cut pork chops
1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops two at a time, and shake to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry chops until brown on both sides. Remove chops from Skillet, add onions, garlic and pepper and reduce heat to medium and saute.
3. Blend soup and milk in the skillet, stirring to scrape up the bits of breading left over from the chops. You can adjust the amount of milk depending on how thick you want the gravy to be (it will thin a bit during the cooking process). Bring to a gentle boil, increasing heat slightly if necessary.
4. When soup mixture is bubbling, return chops to skillet. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
5 cups fresh or frozen corn
4 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
1. In the same frying skillet that pork was prepared in melt butter over medium heat and add 1/2 cup of pork oil from earlier recipe.
2. Add green peppers, red peppers and onions, then saute.
3. Add garlic, sugar and pepper to skillet and once sugar is dissolved add corn and reduce heat.
4. Let corn cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
“Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” Series Premiere: Saturday, October 15 at 9 PM ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
Recipes Courtesy of: Robbie Montgomery and Tim Norman from Sweetie Pie’s in St. Louis, MO