National Teacher Day

Backstage.

Wendy’s parents were both educators, and her little brother Tommy is a public school teacher in Newark, New Jersey.

Today Tommy surprised Wendy on the air to celebrate National Teacher Day. Here’s a backstage pic of Wendy and her brother taken after the show.

For more information about National Teacher Day visit NEA.org.

Tell Us: Who was your favorite teacher growing up?

Comments

1. Dee says:

When are you going to wear the curly “hat” again?

2. Monanissa says:

Also I think Ian Somerhalder would be perfect for the role of Christian Grey in ”’50 Shades of Grey”’

SI ! He is such a Hotti with those tantalizing bluish greenish eyes …
    The man is truly a heartthrob

3. Monanissa says:

Wendy your Brother is really a very good looking bald guy :-))
    You guys are a Good looking family

Many God Blesss

4. I, too, am a public school teacher in Newark, New Jersey. My favorite teacher growing up was Mrs. Ruth Rosenblum of Teaneck, New Jersey. She was both my 2nd and 5th grade teacher at P.S. 90 in the Bronx, in the late 1960′s. She is one of my inspirations for entering the teaching profession. Be Blessed!!!!! Mrs. Ruth Rosenblum, love, Marlene

5. Lana_baby says:

Dear Wendy, Thanks for giving props to teachers. I remember my teachers all so well and so many of them shaped my thinking and made me the person that I am. You look stunning as usual. You look like your Daddy and Tommy is just like your Mommy. How u doing Wendy babes. Keep on rocking your fabulous wigs and wonderful style!

6. marion hicks says:

My favorite teacher was my Cosmetology instructor, Mrs. Thomas.She taught us beyond the books and because of that I am a much skilled hair stylist. Thank you somuch Mrs Thomas for being so kind, patient, and informative!!!

7. valarie says:

Wendy,my favorite teacher was in “High Schoolof Fashion Industries” Mr.falletta.american history,he had pretty blue eyes& took has time & made sure every one understood.i got a 90 in his class! back then we thought some of our teachers were cute,but we didn’t try to sleep with them,like the kids today!

8. Rodney says:

One teacher in particular while in junior high, Ms. Ford. She taught English and she didn’t take no mess! She created a class room enviroment in which bullying was no option. She had a dominating low voice and taught with and Iron fist while giving instruction and would call any student at any time to respond! She kept us on our P’s Q’s I had so much respect for her and loved going to her class! She helped me to understand the quailites of being responsible & accountable for what you do!
    Big shout out to all educators.
    You & your brother have nice smiles.

9. Pamela says:

No favorite teacher but Wendy you look stunning! The color is you. The shape of the dress is you and so are the curls :-)

10. Hi Wendy,
    MY FAVORITE TEACHER OF ALL WAS MY 3rd GRADE TEACHER MRS JENKINS @ MARIAN ANDERSON ELEM. IN COMPTON,CALIFORNIA.
    I just love ure show so much. I’m not one to ever say anything about talk shows but you are so real & inspiring, I listen to see what hot topic will be up 4discussion pn each nightly show. Also,girl your brother is so HOT!!

11. I am a 1972 OTHS grad. Seeing my old teachers the Magnottas was a delight and a surprise. Way to go and thanks. I have lived in California since 1973 and haven’t kept in touch but I’m coming out for our 40th reunion this October. Thanks for honoring a great teacher and coach.
    Sharon Sigman-Girard

12. My Favorite Teacher was in 2nd grade at P.S. 16 in Staten Island N.Y and her name was Miss Susskind. I just enjoyed everything she taught. And it seemed like I learned a lot in her class. I would go back to the school over the years and she was still there and she always knew who I was and that made me think that she thought that I was special. Just before she retiered I popped in and had the chance to she her before she left and I thanked her for being my teacher. She cried and I cried and we said Good-By.