Mary J. Blige on Addiction, Her Marriage and Children

It Only Happens Here.

Mary J. Blige made her “Wendy” show debut and no question was off limits.

Does Mary struggle with sobriety?

Is her marriage to Kendu on the rocks?

Plus, is motherhood in Mary’s future?

Take a look.

Comments

1. HI Wendy:

I enjoy the show with Mary J Blige . She sang from her heart . You and Mary was dressing so lovely. You have some outstanding show. Thank you very
    much for such good show. Have a lovely weekend.

2. Hey Wendy how you doing? I love your show with Mary. I think you are so for real and every one of you guess that you have on your show know it. You can get people that no one else can get. That what I love about your show

3. PN says:

Mary’s performance of The Living Proof with her live band gave me chills! She sang it from her soul!!!! Powerful performance!

4. PN says:

Wendy, you did a very good job on your interview with Mary J. Blige and having her perform two songs from her new album on your show on Thursday. Even though it was taped a few days before those live shows this past week, it was very well done. The game show segment was cute with the loyal fans playing and I liked that Mary even gave them some accessories from her closest to have. Maybe she had them for a long time and wanted to give them away, but a nice gesture. It’s good that Mary and her husband Kendu Isaacs have a strong relationship and admits that they have difficulties and strenghs like everybody else.

5. [...] J. Blige stopped by the “Wendy Williams Show” on Wednesday and opened up about her marriage to record producer Kendu [...]

6. [...] J. Blige stopped by the “Wendy Williams Show” on Wednesday and opened up about her marriage to record producer Kendu [...]

7. wendy u n mary dress r lovely……..n for mary i love your song……mr.wrong

8. nochie says:

Hi Wendy; I’m in my 60′s & have been a
    longtime Mary J Blidge fan. Loved u and this show!!! LOL

9. How you doin’ everybody!

Mary looks fantastic for what she has been through. Her mind is so beautiful and strong, which exemplifies through her music. I respect Mary for being so real, and not being phony. Loved her natural look. She has made great choices in her life as she matured. And I am happy that she realizes that you don’t need spirits (alcohol/drugs) to be happy. I think that some people drink to use the alchol for their crazy behavior so that they can “blame it on the aaaalcohol baby”. Good for you Mary finding a relationship that is Real, True Love. Keep making those hits girl.

Jo Ann

10. Marie Jones says:

Wendy, I love your honesty and open talk about where you have been, and where you are trying to go in your life today! You do make being black beautiful! I, too, am a tall, healthy black woman, who takes pride in her appearance. I, too, am a recovering addict, who sometimes has a drink. I am also 10 years older than you. I just wanted to say keep up the good work, and I look forward to your show each morning. I admire you, because I can relate to where you have been, and look at you now! It is never too late to start over!

11. mudder says:

Love your show Wendy …can’t wait till I can come to N.Y. to see your Show..one day I know I will

12. linda nelson says:

How you doin? I enjoyed your interview with Mary I was lookin for a real love when I first heard the song I love Mary and I’m missin somebody like hell but I got the 411 12 years ago Keep your chin up girls and I love those go gettem clothes

13. Cindy says:

Hey Wendy,
    I love watching your show you go where no one will.
    You don’t seem to care who will like some of your
    Sometimes too personal questions. You do a great job
    And no matter how inquisitive you get I think you mean
    Well. Not mean-spirited .
    I missed seeing you on the 31st due to family
    Problems but hope to get on to see u soon.

14. Brenda says:

I think both of these women are extraordinary! I’m glad Mary is honest enough to admit every couple has their problems & cant wait to comeup to NYC to see Wendy Williams LIVE for my 41st Bday the 1st week of April!!

15. [...] award-winning R&B superstar Mary J. Blige made an appearance on The Wendy Williams Show on Thursday (February 2) and talked about the state of her marriage and her hopes for children one [...]

16. Mary’s dress was everything

17. [...] award-winning R&B superstar Mary J. Blige made an appearance on The Wendy Williams Show on Thursday (February 2) and talked about the state of her marriage and her hopes for children one [...]

18. Crystal says:

The Wendy Williams Show is typically taped live, but sometimes the interviews are pre-taped due to scheuduling and stuff like that.

Hope that helps some of you

19. Genell says:

I can’t wait to get home to see the lived taped show, that I taped (DVR) get it? Its taped live every day and shown live some places but when I see it in LA its a replay and when she show clips of upcoming guest it was either a day where they double taped or not an actual clip of the interview just the person that will be on! Hope that helps ;-)