Natalie Cole Reveals Details about Her Past Drug Addiction

Survivor.

The legendary Natalie Cole has a revealing new memoir, “Love Brought Me Back” where she talks candidly about her past drug addiction.

Natalie tells Wendy about her heroin abuse and what she did on the day her first record came out.

Take a look.

Comments

1. yusuf says:

Natilie Cole was always one of my faviort singers. I an glad she is doing good today. She said it best, Love has brought her back. I am a 42 year old male who always liked Natilie as a singer and as a person. I am so proud of her, that after all she has been through, That God has healed her, where she was hurting, and I keep Natilie in my prayers, that she continues to succeed. I also want to say Natilie still looks great, she relly looks hot in that sexy leather skirt suit, on the Wendy Williams show, and also on her video. I see that she is into leather, which is fabilous. I like wearing my black leather pant suit as well, Natilie we mach Baby!!! Natilie God Bless You, and keep you whole!!!

2. Who cares. I’m so sick of hearing about her drug addiction. Nothing’s new. She’s not an honest woman. Love brought her back? Really? Her hair is fake, face is fake, nose is fake, boobs are fake, and she’s fake and it shows. Using her kidney to gain money. WOW. I never thought she’d stoop this low.

3. Lenin says:

I was blown away to hear that Natalie Cole did heroin ,omq wow , She’s a great women thou and a great example that anyone can overcome anything

4. Rodney says:

My favorite line during the segment with Natalie was “It’s nice to see you again and her reply was it’s nice to be seen” I loved it and laughed out-loud it was so funny to me. I woke up this morning just thinking about it and cracked up again before I got out the bed. I couldn’t wait to go downstairs to share my laugh with my significant other and then we cracked up again at the statement during breakfast! She’s a home-girl and so down to earth and just will tell u the way it is. Real good talk she gave she was just so funny to me. I love her! and Wendy and love watchin your show. How i’m dooooiiiiinnnnnngggggg i’m still laughing at the statement even as I key this message today.

5. Veronica says:

Hey Wendy!

I only got to see part of the Natalie Cole segment today and I was wondering if you could post the whole video? I heard it was excellent and I’d really like to see the entire episode? Thanks!

V

6. Rodney says:

How You Doing,
    I loved the Natalie Cole segment. She was being honest and saying it like it was with her experiences with the drugs in Harlem. Hearing about the story of her sister and her lung transplant situation was touching. She’s a legend and she second to none. It was nice to see her again on the show. I love watching the show and you are just the best Wendy!

7. Wow! Natalie Is A Blessing To Those Us who Has any kind Of Addition, I Praise Da Lord Jesus Christ For Her Testimony And Keeping Her With Us, Can’t Wait To Read “Love Brought Me Back” And Of Course Da New CD, She Is And Has Always Been My Very Favorite Female Singer, U Go Girl Friend!

8. Irma Pugh says:

Hi Wendy~ Love the show, didn’t watch it today not a Natalie Cole fan but happy for her. Check you out tomorrow. Girl!!! are your diamonds big enough:-) lol

9. Wow! Natalie Is A Blessing To Those Us who Has any kind Of Addition, I Praise Da Lord Jesus Christ Her Testimony And Keeping Her With Us, Can’t Wait To Read “Love Brought Me Back” And Of Course Da New CD, She Is And Has Always Been My Very Favorite Female Singer, U Go Girl Friend!

10. Kameron says:

Hi Wendy!
    I try to watch your show every day. You are such an amazing woman!

Seeing your interveiw with Natalie Cole has really given me the encourage that I need to get over my drug addiction. I am 42 years old, a single-mom, and a full-time college student. It is a struggle every day for me to keep focused on my goals and not do the drugs. I recently learned that doing Meth has affected my brain and how I function on a daily basis. I am still seeking treatement that I can affrord, I will not give up. I had just turned the TV on when saw your interview with Natalie. I truly connected with Natalie when she was talking about the people and the experience of drug use. I want to say thank you to Natalie Cole for sharing her experience. She has inspired me and motivated me to keep on my path to sobriety.

Blessing to you both!