5 Makeup Essentials from Wendy’s Makeup Artist

Ask the Glam Squad!

Last week our Fan Squad subscribers were the first to know about “Ask the Glam Squad,” a new feature on wendyshow.com.

This week, Wendy’s very own makeup artist Merrell Hollis, revealed his top 5 makeup essentials.

Watch this exclusive wendyshow.com video and find out what are the top 5 products Merrell thinks every girl needs in their makeup bag.

Tell Us: What are some of your makeup essentials and if you have a makeup or beauty question you’d like to ask Merrell, click here to send him an email.

Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Color Case
makeupforever.com

Beauty Blender Sponge
beautyblender.net

Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black
drugstore.com

Make Up For Ever Lip Gloss
sephora.com

Laura Mercier Powders
lauramercier.com

Comments

1. Yesterdays show Friday Nov 4 she told of the eyebrow makeup you use on her. I missed part of the segment…will you please tell me just what you use to define her beautiful brows? I am white…have greyish salt and pepper hair and my eyebeows have long faded. I definitely need to fill them in. Please tell me just what you use? many, many thanks. Love the show!

2. i also would like to know the brand of the blu eye liner Wendy were on love triangleon april 28, 2011

thanks a lot

3. ELiane says:

Hi, I would like to know which brand is the gorgeous blue eye liner that Wendy was wearing on the show Love Triangle on april/28/2011.
    I really was facinated by the beauty of the color.
    Please let me know.

Thanks.

4. Cathy says:

Wendy gave a quick tip for covering gray in a pinch. I accidentally erased the episode can you please give me the name or suggest another product

5. Littel says:

I love the tips but how do I get a good nude lip? is this appropriate for women of color? I would also like to know how can I find the perfect wig or weave. Thanks!

6. Wendy, Hi u doin!!
    I couldn’t find anything to watch on Sunday night as i was flipping through the tv, i came across The Housewives of Atlanta mini-marathon. GIRLLLLLL!! It was so good, i am now a fan!! In my area it comes on Sunday nights. I enjoy all the antics of the ladies. My 2 personal favorites are NeNe and Kandi. Phaedra is hilarious! Missed the show on Friday iwas out ot town and my family member does not get BET on his satellite dish. Keep up the good work! Love ya!

7. Kate K says:

best update yet! Wendy looks flawless & i love knowing these little behind the look secrets. Thanks!

8. Janice says:

I am 42 and have always had issues with under eye puffyness///bags….honey, my luggage has luggage. I’ve tried the preparation H….the tea bags….cucumbers…no caffeine before bed…HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

9. Hey Wendy:

I just finished watching Desperate Housewives. And girlfriend, there is a whlole lot of Wendy Williams in that character played by Vanessa Williams! Hum hum! Just sayin’

10. ineed to do something about my dark circles around the eyes.
    can you help me ?

11. marlene says:

Thanks for the tips, I am in my sixtys and don’t use too much make up, ,but I like my face to look fresh. I use a little of everything, some Mac, Bobbie Brown and a little Nars. I never use a base or powder I don’t want to look too over done, Any advice ?
    Please pass this on to Wendy, I sent her an Email asking for tickets to the show, I got a response asking what date I would like to come to the show, and how many tickets I needed , I did all of that, I,sent a photo of myself.And I am still waiting. My date was sometime in Sept, Anyway I wouldn’t mine trying again, Week of thanksgiving or the week of Dec.20-10 Nov 24 is my birthday. I would like 3 tickets. However If there”s no ticket untill 10-12 I will wait..I settle for a shout out.
    Bye Guys, Love the show.

12. HI MERRILL, I ONLY WEAR A GOOD QUALITY MATTE POWDER I HAVE ALWAYS ONLY WORN LANCOME OR ESTE LAUDER NEVER EVER WEARS ANY FOUNDATION BEAUTIFUL FLAWLESS FINISH AFTER APPLYING MY MAKEUP, BUT THROUGH OUT THE DAY MAYBE WITHIN AN HOUR I START HAVING TO BRUSH UP MY FACE THE SMOOTH FINISH I HAD IS A LITTLE
    WHAT WOULD YOU SAY MAYBE GREASY, HOW DO I OVERCOME THIS I HAVE ALWAYS ONLY USE HIGH QUALITY MAKEUP.AND I DO USE A TONER BEFORE APPLYING MY MAKEUP.PLEASE SAY HI TO MY GIRL WENDY.

THANKS LILLY

13. jean ellison says:

thanls for the info but i need to know about a certain braclet wendy had on one of hershowes last week i do not know how to submit apicture of my self to get the info i need from her about this item thanks for any help

14. Hi Merrell, Thanks for sharing your tips. I wanted to share a couple of things that I LOVE and can’t be without. The first is that I recently got Eyelash extensions and I LOVE them! I needed a perfect eyeliner to compliment, go on easy as to not mess up the extensions and last all day-Loreal Voluminous Traceur Yuex Black eyeliner Pen is awesome for this job. I also am in LOVE with Urban Decays Nakeds eyeshadow palett, it contains 12 of the most beautiful eyecolors that I am having so much FUN mixing and matching, I had to stalk Sephora for this amazing kit! I also would never start my eye makeup without first using Urban DecaysEyeshadow Primer Potion. My eyes look amazing and people stop me to ask about my eye makeup. Here’s to beautiful faces everywhere! Kimberly :)