Yo-Yo Dieting

weight_struggle

Battle of the bulge.

Wendy, just like the rest of us, has struggled with her weight and body image all of her life.

She always says, “once a fattie, always a fattie” and everyday is a challenge.

During “Ask Wendy,” Diana told Wendy how she is struggling to lose weight, but doesn’t have the support of her family.

Diana’s story really resonated with Wendy. Watch the video now…

Comments

1. Dear Wendy

During the last four years I tried to lose weight, I lose a few pounds but I wanted to lose more. So now I exercise six days a week ,that consist of walking on my treadmill,walking to my job,and doing sit-ups. I’m so determine to get this excess weight off of me, I know I will be sucessful. I also want to tell you that I love your show, and you are beautiful person inside and out.

Your fan,
    Cynthia Jackson

2. Dear Wendy

During the last four years I tried to lose weight, I lose a few pounds but I wanted to lose more. So know I exercise six days a week ,that consist of walking on my treadmill,walking to my job,and doing sit-ups. I’m so determine to get this excess weight off of me, I know I will be sucessful. I also want to tell you that I love your show, and you are beautiful person inside and out.

Your fan,
    Cynthia Jackson

3. sharon says:

Hey Wendy, Im a 36 yr old mother of three that has been through it all. im so sick of this Diet on Diet advice for the normal people, not everybody is normal. They are so quick to tell you eat a healthy diet with lots of fruit and vegetables. What if you are allergic to the damn fruit and vegetables like myself? I tried force eating it with a benadrly on the side it doesnt work it just make me larthagic(tired), i exercise everyday, truth be told water is not my friend but its hard the older i get the more impossible it seems to be.I tried LA weight loss, my nutritionist they all follow the same old bullcrap..I know you are a resourceful woman if you can please find a weightloss specialist that can tackle the unnormal, i would greatly appreciate it.. How u doin

4. Angela says:

Hi Wendy,
    I just sent you an wmail moments ago but i couldn’t sownload a photo. Can you wmail me so I could send the photo to ?

5. erica says:

losing weight is not always what you think,but i have lost alesase three dress sizing sense I being going uo down my stairs in myn house I mean its amazing just make on step than you make two!

6. Chriss says:

It’s better to yo-yo, than to never have dieted at all.

I have lost weight from time to time, and you know you can at least do it, what we don’t do is keep doing the correct things to either keep the weight off or to continue to lose fat. All any of us needs is motivation, discipline and action to make it happen.

On April 28th, 2010, I am having my last two upper molars removed on my right side. It will be 7 weeks before I can wear my new partial dentures and start to chew real food again.

During this time of 7 weeks I will be on a liquid and/or puree diet only. No chewing allowed. No small food partials allowed to infect the area.

I have heard that I can lose up to 5 to 7 pounds a week. And that I need to make sure that I don’t go over 0% to 10% of fat, sugars or salts daily. That a person can really pack on the pounds, and consume tons of calories because food becomes liquid candy if you aren’t careful. (These seven weeks aren’t a “milkshake free” time).

Today I weigh 200.5 pounds, at 5’3”, waist 45” (not hips), age 52 (yikes I said it), and yes I look like a melting snowman.

It will be interesting to see what happens during and after the 7 weeks are up, I plan on dancing to a lot to old Earth, Wind and Fire songs. “Let’s grove tonight” comes to mind.

7. Lisa Gordon says:

Hey wendy glad ur talking bout weight I’m satified wit the rest of my body its my stomach is a problem sit ups or nothing is helping can u give me some extra advice on what else good I can do that’s not extremly hard.Thanks. LisaG

8. Kassandra says:

Hey wendy? How yuh doin? Ummm im 13 and i would love to have advise on how to grow boobs…the reason is bkuz every guy makes fun of me…n all of my gurlfrnd has bigger boobs than me.i cry kuz what they tell me.plze help me…love yuh….