Ron Douglas’ interpretation of Red Lobster’s Cheddar Cheese Biscuit!
We love going to Red Lobster just for the biscuits and Ron Douglas says he’s cracked the code to their world famous cheddar cheese biscuit.
2 cups biscuit mix
1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Parsley flakes, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Stir together the biscuit mix, cheddar, and milk until a soft dough forms. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
3. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Smooth down the tops to prevent hard points from forming.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops are brown.
5. While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the garlic powder.
6. Once the biscuits are done, brush the butter on tops, sprinkle with parsley flakes, and serve hot.
Makes 10 biscuits